Researchers have been studying and comparing over 20,000 galaxies that have properties similar to the Milky Way to try and create a census of galaxies similar to our own. They found that galaxies like the Milky Way that have two satellites, the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds, only accounted for four percent of the thousands of galaxies studied, making our galaxy a rarity indeed.
Once they gathered the information on all of the galaxies, they ran a number of computer simulations trying to see if any of their theories would result in the same type of galaxy formations as those observed in the real universe. According to Nigel Sharp of the National Science Foundation:
Comparing the ‘fake’ and ‘real’ Universes is how we discriminate between successful and unsuccessful theories. This work interconnects three of the four legs of science: theory, observation and simulation, for a powerful scientific result.
Of all the theories of galaxy formation they simulated, they found one model that yielded galaxies and a universe similar to the real one, and that was the Cold Dark Matter (CDM) Theory.
However, this theory has one major obstacle which they don’t see as an obstacle. It assumes that the majority of the matter in the Universe cannot be detected or observed. In other words, they modeled a theory based on nearly ninety percent missing matter that is presumed to be there but isn’t.
Or to put it another way, they could not get any model to duplicate the real universe, so they have to insert a fudge factor of nearly ninety percent in order to get it to work. I wonder if a chemist, geneticist or biologist could get away with the same degree of fudge factor?
Ladies and gentlemen, what galls me is that this type of thing is touted as real science. None of their models based on the laws of physics and astronomy work to produce anything close to the real thing, so they create dark matter that they cannot see, test, observe or detect by any method, just to make their theory work. How can anyone even take this type of work seriously as real science?
By the same token, many of these evolutionists are the same people that claim no creationist does real science. So according to them, since I am a creationist, none of these studies and projects I’ve conducted are science:
- Population genetic study on the Mediterranean gecko Hemidactylus turcicus and discovery of what may be a speciation or subspeciation event.
- Herd dispersion study on an introduced herd of desert bighorn sheep Ovis canadensis mexicanus in southeastern Arizona
- Protostrongylus lungworm parasite survey on the general Arizona desert bighorn sheep population
- Alteration of the Baermann Funnel Technique used for sampling parasite larvae in ungulate fecal samples from a 24 hour process to a 12 hour process and still maintained a 98% degree of accuracy
- Gastrointestinal parasite study on round-tailed ground squirrels Spermophilus tereticaudus
- Petal mutation study on desert brittlebush, Encelia farinosa
- Assisted on lake studies in Central Arizona involving water sampling and testing, fauna analysis, and age – growth rates of 5 species of fish
- Extraction of venom from 3 species of cobras, 5 species of rattlesnakes, black mamba, fer-de-lance snakes and 2 species of scorpions for medical and research purposes
There are a number of other projects that I assisted on, but I trust you get my point. What I and other creationists do is real hands on science and in none of these studies was there any type of fudge factor used. If the results did not come out as expected, we sought to discover why, not make up something to make it work.
Yet evolutionists are renowned for making up things to make their theories work. The premises of radiometric and radioisotope dating techniques are built upon several assumptions that cannot be proven, uniformitarian geology is based upon process that modern observation undermines, but they cling to it anyway and biological evolution is based upon principles that defy the known laws of biology, chemistry and information. And they call this science?
The only real science from the study done on the galaxies is the comparison that revealed the Milky Way is a rare galaxy in the universe. This should not surprise us since we know that God created the sun, moon and stars just for observation for signs and seasons here on earth and to declare His glory.
The Milky Way Is A Rare Type Of Galaxy, RedOrbit.com, May 23, 2011.
Every person on the planet walks around with opinions based on what they think they know, and those opinions direct how all of us act and react. But very few ever question the substance that forms those crucial opinions. From the very nature of truth to how our world began, from morality to religion, from population control to political correctness, from Israel to Islam, from atheism to God … our entire world runs on what we believe.
Follow popular actor Kevin Sorbo (Hercules, Andromeda, Soul Surfer) as he introduces some of the world’s leading scientists, historians, theologians, philosophers and authors, including Ravi Zacharias, Michael Coren, Richard Fangrad, Calvin Smith, Jonathan Sarfati and many more as they tackle the world’s 12 biggest lies.
The 12 Biggest Lies:
1. There is no such thing as truth.
2. People are inherently good.
3. No one should be offended.
4. Men and women are equal.
5. A fetus isn’t human.
6. The world is overpopulated.
7. Americans are greedy and self-centered.
8. Islam is a religion of peace.
9. The Jews stole Jerusalem.
10. The earth is billions of years old.
11. There is no God.
12. Jesus was just a good man.