Once again there have been several reports of violence in various public schools across the land. Shootings and stabbings have almost become regular news stories at least once every couple of weeks or so.
Bullying has risen to new highs. In my day, bullying was confined to the school grounds. Now it has invaded text messaging and internet social networking sites. Several prominent instances of bullying have made the headlines as it drove the victims to suicide.
The violence in schools involves more than just students. Teacher and administrators have been threatened, shot and stabbed. I have a good friend, Marvin who taught 6th grade for over 20 years. He had several instances when students threatened him and once a boy in his class pulled a knife on him. The worst part of this incident was that the student was back in class before Marvin could finish filing his report.
More and more efforts are being made by school administrators and social professionals to stop school violence, yet it continues to steadily increase. I recently saw one report that said that 1 out of every 5 students in public schools have been bullied at least one or more times.
Have you ever wondered why there is so much violence in our public school system and why no one seems to be able to do anything to stop it?
The reasons are simple.
First of all, we are all sinners. We are born sinners and remain sinners our entire lives. As sinners, we often give in to the temptations of selfishness, anger, greed, envy and sexual permissiveness.
- The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (Genesis 6:5)
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21)
Secondly, take everything biblical and Christian out of the public schools and make it illegal for teachers or anyone else to teach any biblical principles to students. Interestingly, these same standards seem to allow the public schools to teach other religions such as Islam and Buddhism in the classroom.
- 1962 – Prayer in schools unconstitutional
- 1963 – Bible reading in school ruled unconstitutional
- 1977 – Any mention of Jesus Christ in association with Christmas programs in public schools ruled unconstitutional
- 1980 – Posting of Ten Commandments in public schools ruled unconstitutional
- 2000 – Student lead prayer at public school sporting events ruled unconstitutional
Thirdly, teach students that they are the product of millions of years of evolution. Evolution teaches them:
- There are no absolute truths – man decides what is truth
- People are evolved animals, no different from any other animal
- People are the product of millions of years of violence, killing, disease, suffering and that only the strongest and most fit survive
- There is no God
- The Bible is not true.
- No basis for morality – man determines what is moral
- Accept and teach variable sinful lifestyles including homosexuality, sex before marriage, sex outside of marriage, and living together without being married.
Students are being taught that they are just another animal and that death and violence are natural. Those that are the strongest, the most fit and the most aggressive are the ones that have the best chance of surviving. The only purpose in life is to mate and pass on their genes to the next generation. Truth and morals are determined by those in charge, and are constantly subject to change and the only god is the one inside you.
Why shouldn’t they bully other students or fight, stab or shoot those that are weaker than they are or may be a threat to them some how? After all, they’re just acting how they’ve been taught to act. We shouldn’t be surprised when kids become violent and aggressive. It’s the result of 50 years of a godless school system.
It’s not going to matter how many social advocates, psychologists and programs they put into the public schools, nothing is going to make any difference until they allow the Bible and prayer and Christian foundations back into the school rooms.
As long as the public school system continues to teach the godless religion of evolution, parents should seriously consider sending their children to a reputable Christian school or look into homeschooling them yourselves. Parents are responsible for their children’s education, not the state. Scripture gives parents instructions for educating their children:
- “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:4-9
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:1-4
When students are taught that God created the world and everything in it, including man, and that we all have value and purpose, then will the trend of school violence begin to decline. When students learn that Adam brought sin into all of creation and because of sin, we are in need of a personal Savior and that Savior, Jesus Christ died on the Cross to pay the price for our sins, then and only then will school violence decline.