Here is a list of a few modern scientists that believe in a literal young earth biblical creation. For more information on them, please visit Scientists alive today who accept the biblical account of Creation.
John F. Ashton Ph.D.
A Chartered Chemist, Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, Fellow of the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology, strategic research manager for the Sanitarium Health Food Company in Australia. He is author/editor of In Six Days: Why 50 scientists choose to believe in creation.
Dr Raymond G. Bohlin
Dr Raymond G. Bohlin is Director of Research for Probe Ministries, Texas (USA) and is co-author (with Dr Lane P. Lester) of the important creationist book The Natural Limits to Biological Change.
He is a graduate of the University of Illinois and North Texas State University, and his Ph.D. is from the University of Texas.
Professor Stuart Burgess
Biomimetics, Engineering (UK)
Stuart Burgess BSc (Eng) PhD CEng FIMechE FRAeS, is Professor of Design & Nature, Head of Department, Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol (UK). NB: ‘Professor’ is a title given only to the highest academic rank in British Commonwealth universities.
His research interests include efficiency modelling of structures and mechanisms, design and nature, structural efficiency of trees, insect flight mechanisms, roller chain wear and efficiency modelling; car transport efficiency.
Prof. Burgess is also an outspoken Christian and biblical creationist.
- Burgess, S.C. Shape factors and material indices for dimensionally constrained beams, Proc Instn Mech Engrs, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 214:371–379, 2000.
- Burgess, S.C., Kahangamage, U.P., Barr, G. and Williams J.S., Shape factors for beams with misaligned loads, Proc Instn Mech Engrs Part C: J. Mechanical Engineering Science 215:981–993, 2001.
- Burgess, S.C. Reliability and safety strategies in living organisms: potential for biomimicking, Proc Instn Mech Engrs Part E: Journal of Process Engineering 216:1–13, 2002.
- Lodge, C, and Burgess, S.C., A model of the tension and transmission efficiency of a bush roller chain, Proc Instn Mech Engrs Part C, Engineering Science 216:385–394, 2002.
- Pasini, D., Burgess, S.C. and Smith, D., Performance indices for arbitrary scaled rectangular cross-sections in bending stiffness design, Proc Instn Mech Engrs Part L, Materials: Design and Applications 216:101–113, 2002.
- Burgess, S.C., Reliability strategies in living organisms, Journal of System Safety (USA) 2:1–6, 2003.
- Burgess, S.C. and Choi, J., A parametric study of the energy demands of car transportation: a case study of two competing commuter routes in the UK, Journal of Transportation Research Part D: 8:21–36, 2003.
- Pasini, D., Burgess, S.C. and Smith, D., Selection of arbitrarily scaled cross-sections in bending stiffness design, Proc Instn Mech Engrs Part L, J. Materials: Design & Applications 217(22):113–125, 2003.
- Kahangamage, U.P., Burgess, S.C., Barr, G. and McMahon, C.A., Effect of misaligned loads on beams with a height constraint,Journal of Engineering Design 214(21):57–70, 2003.
- Pasini, D., Smith, D. and Burgess, S.C., Structural efficiency maps for beams subject to bending, Proc Instn Mech Engrs Part L, J. Materials: Design and Applications 217207–220, 2003.
- Burgess, S.C., Pasini and Alemzadeh, K., Improved visualisation of the design space using nested performance charts, Journal of Design Studies 24(4):1–9, 2004.
- Alemzadeh, K. and Burgess, S.C., A team based CAD project utilizing the latest CAD techniques, International J. of Mechanical Engineering Education 31(4):283–294, 2004.
- Pasini, D and Burgess, S.C., An analysis of the structural efficiency of trees, Journal of Engineering Design 15(2):177–193, 2004.
- The beauty of the peacock tail and the problems with the theory of sexual selection, Journal of Creation 15(2):94–102, 2001.
Linn E. Carothers
Associate Professor of Statistics (United State)
- B.S., University of Southern California, University Park, 1973
- M.S., California State University, Northridge, 1979
- Ph.D., University of Southern California, University Park, 1987
Eugene F. Chaffin
Professor of Physics (United States)
- B.S., Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, 1970
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, 1972
- Ph.D., Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, 1974
Kenneth B. Cumming
Professor of Biology (United States)
- B.S., Tufts University, Medford, MA, 1956
- M.A., Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1959
- Ph.D., Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1965
William M. Curtis III, Th.D., Th.M., M.S.
- Doctor of Theology, Trinity Theological Seminary, 1988 [Special Revelation Major]
- Master of Theology, Capital Bible Seminary, 1976 [Greek & Hebrew Major]
- Master of Science, Southern Methodist Univ., 1963 [Aeronautics & Nuclear Physics]
- Bachelor of Science, Univ. of Utah, 1954 [Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering]
- Diploma, Belmont Senior High, Belmont, MA, 1948
- 20+ Years in the Aerospace Industry
- 9 Years in College positions, Administration & teaching Science, Math, Theology
- 8 Years in Pastorate and adjunct college faculty
- 12 Years in Scientific and Biblical Research and adjunct college faculty
- 1954-1967 Aerodynamics Engineer to Sr. Aerodynamics Engineer with Convair/General Dynamics, Ft. Worth, TX
- Performance prediction and analysis of the B-58
- Performance flight test planning and evaluation of: B-58, F-111, controlled bomb pod, crash investigations
- Performance analysis and proposal preparation on: B-58B, C & D. Aerial Tanker, SSR, ROBO, Nuclear Aircraft, SS Overflight aircraft which Lockheed built as the SR-71.
- Performance and flight dynamics on space flight and orbital vehichles ROBO and Dyna Soar
- Planning of world speed record flights for B-58
- Planning and evaluation of wind tunnel test – force models, pressure models, powered models and aeroelastic models.
- Aerodynamic theory and estimation of lift, drag, and stability characteristics on: B-58, B-57F, CV990, SR-71, FX, VFAX, F-111, SSTs, HSTs, Variable sweep wing & laminar flow control ac.
- Buffet prediction and design for wind tunnel and flight test
- Prediction, design and testing of speed brakes, slats, and flaps on several aircraft.
- Detail analysis of crash/flight investigations
- 1967 – 1973 Chief of Aerodynamics to Director of Engineering with Fairchild Industries, MD
- Performance prediction, aerodynamic configuration, and wind tunnel testing of twin jet FH-228
- Aerodynamics oversight and support including crash investigation of FH-227 which was in production at the time
- Responsible for the evaluation and definition of new generation air transport vehicles covering: conventional short haul aircraft, STOL, VSTOL, COD. Presenting such designs to division and corporate management, airlines, FAA, NASA, & DOD. Design team on the A-10
- Market research and airline planning, performance and route analysis with preparation and presentaion of brochures, flight handbooks et al.
- Member of Corporate Engineering Advisory Council: covering commercial, and military aircraft and critique of other corporate projects of other divisions including space craft, small gas turbine engines, aero seats etc.
- Member of AIA Committees advisors to the FAA on: STOL aircract, Airworthiness Requirements,Aircraft safety, Wet runway T.O. & Landing Req. and aircraft noise requirements.
- Member of AIAA Aircraft Design Commission
- Since 1973 as an occasional consultant to Aircraft Industry, Congressional Committees/DOD,FAA, Airlines and NTSB on crash investigations and aircraft evaluations.
- 1973-1976 Student at Capital Bible Seminary and part time faculty at Washington Bible College
- 1976-1982 Professor and Chairman on Nat. Science Dept., Dir of Admissions and Registrar at Washington Bible College
- 1982-1990 Pastor of Cumberland Bible Church and adjunct faculty for Washington Bible College, and Trinity Theological Seminary
- 1990 to present: President of The Institute for Scientific and Biblical Research and adjunct faculty for Lancaster Bible College.
Science and Education
- Board of directors Ft. Worth Regional Science Fair
- Associate Fellow – American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Who’s Who in Aviation, 1973, Harwood Pub.
- Civil Air Patrol – Aerospace Ed. Officer & Chaplain 1985-2000
- Founder of Institute for Scientific & Biblical Research
- Creationists of the Twentieh Century, 2002
- Scientific and Theological monographs too numerous to list in this resume.
- Several aerodynamic features such as airfoils,wing and tail configurations, leading and trailing edge devices, inlets, bypass ducts etc and several whole aircraft configurations including a STOL transport which I was the lead designer of, all of which belong to Convair and Fairchild my employers.
- An aerocar and a rotary engine which Fairchild gave up on and turned over to me but after much design work and even patent application on the engine we could not afford to build a prototype.
Continue Reading on creation.com