There are a number of factors from earth that limit the age of the universe or earth to within a few thousand years. Though it cannot be scientifically proven exactly when the universe was created, its age can be shown to NOT be billions of years.
- The decaying magnetic field limits earth’s age to less than billions(1,p.157;2,p.27;3,p.20;5,p.23;6,p.42;9,p.25; 10, p. 38; 11, p. 32, 80;12, p.91).
- The volume of lava on earth divided by its rate of efflux gives a number of only a few million years, not billions. I believe that during the Flood, while “the fountains of the deep were broken up,” most of the earth’s lava was deposited rapidly (1, p. 156; 11, p.26).
- Dividing the amount of various minerals in the ocean by their influx rate indicates only a few thousand years of accumulation (1, p. 153; 5, p. 24; 6, p. 42; 11, p. 26).
- The amount of Helium 4 in the atmosphere, divided by the formation rate on earth, gives only 175,000 years. (God may have created the earth with some helium which would reduce the age more.) (1, p. 151; 6, p. 42; 9, p. 25; 11, p. 25; 12, 83-84).
- The erosion rate of the continents is such that they would erode to sea level in less than 14,000,000 years, destroying all old fossils (2, p. 31; 6, p 38; American Science Vol 56 pp 356- 374; 11, p. 31, 79; 12, pp. 88-90).
- Topsoil formation rates indicate only a few thousand years of formation (6, p. 38; 12, p.94).
- Niagara Falls’ erosion rate (4 – 7 feet per year) indicates an age of less than 8,400 years. (Don’t forget Noah’s Flood could have eroded half of the seven-and-a-half-mile-long Niagara River gorge in a few hours as the flood waters raced through the soft sediments.) (6, p. 39; 7;12, pp.48-49).
- The rock-encasing oil deposits could not withstand the pressure for more than a few thousand years (2, p. 32; 3, p. 24;5,p.24;6,p.37;7;11,p.26).
- The size of the Mississippi River delta, divided by the rate mud is being deposited, gives an age of less than 30,000 years. (The Flood in Noah’s day could have washed out 80% of the mud there in a few hours or days, so 4,400 years is a reasonable age for the delta.) (3, p. 23; 6, p. 38; 7).
- The slowing spin of the earth limits its age to less than the “billions of years” called for by the theory of evolution (3, p. 25; 7).
- A relatively small amount of sediment is now on the ocean floor, indicating only a few thousand years of accumulation. This embarrassing fact is one of the reasons why the continental drift theory is vehemently defended by those who worship evolution (1, p. 155; 6, p. 28; 7; 11, p.31; 12, p.90).
- The largest stalactites and flow stone formations in the world could have easily formed in about 4,400 years (5, p. 27; 6, p. 39; 7). 25. The Sahara desert is expanding. It is about 4,000 years old. See any earth science textbook (7—Part 1B). 26.
- The oceans are getting saltier. If they were billions of years old, they would be much saltier than they are now (7; 9, p.26; 10, p. 37;12, p.85-87). 27.
- Ice accumulation at the poles indicates less than 5000 years (7).
- Morris, Henry M. Scientific Creationism. El Cajon, Calif.: Master Books, April 1985.
- McLean, G. S.; McLean, Larry; Oakland, Roger. The Bible: Key to Understanding the Early Earth. Oklahoma City, Okla.: Southwest Radio Church, 1987.
- Huse, Scott M. The Collapse of Evolution. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1983.
- Ackerman, Paul D. It’s a Young World After All. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1986.
- Blick, Edward F. A Scientific Analysis of Genesis. Oklahoma City, Okla.: Hearthstone Publ. Ltd., 1991.
- Petersen, Dennis R. Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation. South Lake Tahoe, Cal.: Christian Equippers, Int., 2002.
- Hovind, Kent E. Creation Seminar, Parts 1-7.
- Wysong, R. L. The Creation- Evolution Controversy. Midland, Mich.: Inquiry Press, 1976.
- Baker, Sylvia. Bone of Contention. Sunnybank, Queensland, Australia: Creation Science Foundation Ltd., 1990.
- Moore, John N. Questions and Answers on Creation- Evolution. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1977.
- Brown, Walt. In the Beginning. Phoenix, Ariz.: Center for Scientific Creation, 2001.
- Morris, John D. The Young Earth. Green Forest, Ariz.: Master Books, 1994.
Every person on the planet walks around with opinions based on what they think they know, and those opinions direct how all of us act and react. But very few ever question the substance that forms those crucial opinions. From the very nature of truth to how our world began, from morality to religion, from population control to political correctness, from Israel to Islam, from atheism to God … our entire world runs on what we believe.
Follow popular actor Kevin Sorbo (Hercules, Andromeda, Soul Surfer) as he introduces some of the world’s leading scientists, historians, theologians, philosophers and authors, including Ravi Zacharias, Michael Coren, Richard Fangrad, Calvin Smith, Jonathan Sarfati and many more as they tackle the world’s 12 biggest lies.
The 12 Biggest Lies:
1. There is no such thing as truth.
2. People are inherently good.
3. No one should be offended.
4. Men and women are equal.
5. A fetus isn’t human.
6. The world is overpopulated.
7. Americans are greedy and self-centered.
8. Islam is a religion of peace.
9. The Jews stole Jerusalem.
10. The earth is billions of years old.
11. There is no God.
12. Jesus was just a good man.