Secular astrophysicists have been trying to convince everyone that only 4% of the universe is normal matter.  The remaining 96% of the universe is composed of dark matter and dark energy.  Neither have ever been observed or proven, but they insist that they have to be there.  After all, something has to be holding the universe together.

The most popular theory held to at the moment is the ‘cosmological standard model’ or the lambda-CDM (CDM = Cold Dark Matter).  This theory states that certain elemental particles in the form of cold dark matter were created about one millionth of second after the Big Bang.

Interestingly, experiments at the Fermi Space Telescope and the Large Hadron Collider have tried to detect any evidence for the existence of these theoretical particles.  As yet, no evidence of their existence has ever been verified, but they are sure they exist.

Part of the cosmological standard model is the idea that dwarf galaxies are formed largely of dark matter with only a few stars.  The minimal amount of stars and the large amount of dark matter is what makes the dwarf galaxies dim and difficult to observe.

To help prove the theory, a team of researchers at the Virgo Consortium developed computer simulations to model the formation of the dwarf galaxies.  What they found was that none of the simulations based upon the cosmological standard model resulted in what is observed in real life.

One of the predictions of the model was that only a few small galaxies would form around the halo of the Milky Way, but all of the simulations ran by the team resulted in many more smaller galaxies than what is observed.

According to Professor Carlos Frenk from Durham University and part of the Virgo Consortium, the results of their simulations pose two “equally disturbing possibilities.”

The first possibility is that there were numerous smaller galaxies formed as the simulation showed, but that there were a number of violent supernova explosions that destroyed many of them.  If this scenario is true, then Prof. Frenk says galaxy formation is a much more dynamic process than they ever believed.

The second possibility is that cold dark matter doesn’t exist and consequently all predictions made using the cosmological standard model have been wrong.  This possibility, according to Prof. Frenk is serious enough to question his 35 years of using the model and is causing him to lose sleep.

Frenk says that instead of cold dark matter forming so soon after the Big Bang that perhaps warm dark matter formed a little later.  Warm dark matter is supposed to be made up of lighter and more energetic particles than cold dark matter.  And if warm dark matter (which has also never been detected or verified to exist) then all of the experiments being performed at the Fermi Space Telescope and the Large Hadron Collider are for naught as they are searching for the wrong things.

It’s sad to see so many people spend so many hours and millions of dollars and losing sleep trying to explain the formation of the universe and galaxies.  All they have to do is to look inside the cover of a Bible and read Genesis 1:1 which says:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

And instead of relying on a fictitious Big Bang to explain the expansion of the universe, they need to read Isaiah 40:22 which says:

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in.

And rather than trying to figure out what is holding the universe together, they need to read Hebrews 1:3 which says:

He upholds the universe by the word of his power.

 

 

Reference

Battison, Leila. Dwarf galaxies suggest dark matter theory may be wrong, BBC News, Sept. 16, 2011.


Creation Astronomy (DVD)

Genesis teaches that God created the entire universe supernaturally, only thousands of years ago. Yet, most people are convinced that the universe started in a big bang billions of years in the past. In this illustrated lecture, astronomer Dr. Jason Lisle shows viewers that when the evidence of nature is understood properly, it lines up perfectly with the clear teachings of Scripture. The heavens declare the glory of God!

Continue Reading on