by Frank Sherwin, M.A.
Man has either slowly evolved from a primal slime billions of years ago—or he has been created in God’s image. The list of evidences that were supposed to validate man’s evolutionary ascent from “lower” life forms has been expunged by decades of good scientific research. From teeth to toes, the edifice of “human evolution” has clearly been disintegrating.
For instance, dentists with a Darwinian philosophy may suggest removing wisdom teeth because of the “evolution” of the human jaw. Although some molars may indeed need extraction, it demonstrably has nothing to do with evolution.1
Many evolutionists point to chronic back problems as evidence that humans recently stood upright from tetrapod ancestors. But not only does the human spinal column appear designed for an upright posture, back troubles most directly correlate to bad habits, injury, or other abuses. Evolution has exactly nothing to do with back pain.2
Evolutionists continue to maintain that embryonic development in the womb mirrors an evolutionary past when humans had gill slits like a fish or a yolk sac like a chicken. Such unscientific suggestions are the result of the infamous “biogenetic law” of German zoologist Ernst Haeckel. Evolutionists have allowed this poor science to fester, even though the “recapitulation theory” has long since been thoroughly discredited.3
Many secular schools still teach the unscientific concept that structures such as tonsils, adenoids, and the appendix are useless vestiges of an evolutionary past.4 But in 2010, four evolutionists called the adenoids and tonsils “large collections of immunologically active lymphoid tissue.”5 They are dynamic parts of immune systems! In 2009, an evolutionary immunologist stated:
If Darwin had been aware of the species that have an appendix attached to a large cecum, and if he had known about the widespread nature of the appendix, he probably would not have thought of the appendix as a vestige of evolution.6
There is no fossil evidence that man evolved from some subhuman creature. As one science writer put it, “The last common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans remains a holy grail in science,”7 employing a metaphor that implies a vain search for an elusive treasure, or anything of great value—with essentially no chance of it being found. Discoveries of supposed evolutionary evidences inevitably result in confusion. A Newsweek subtitle is typical: “Discovery of the fossil of an unknown human ancestor shakes up ideas of human evolution.”8
Recently discovered footprints look surprisingly human and creation scientists suggest the unthinkable—perhaps they were actually made by humans.9 Other writers dance around the truth:
Created around 1.5 million years ago, these are the oldest footprints that look like those made by modern humans. A team of scientists…discovered these precious fossilized prints in dried mud in 2009….By the looks of it, the fossilized foot impressions seem identical to the ones we make when walking across the sand.10
Evolutionists cannot accept that people made these prints and instead—with no scientific reason—believe the footprints were made by a subhuman ancestor, Homo erectus.
Scripture clearly teaches in Genesis 1 that plants and animals were created by God “after their kind”—as was man, uniquely made in God’s image (Genesis 1:27).
- Sherwin, F. 2003. The Whole Tooth about Wisdom Teeth. Acts & Facts. 32 (3).
- Morris, J. 1998. Do Back Problems in Humans Prove Evolution from Animals? Acts & Facts. 27 (12).
- Morris, J. 1989. Does the Human Embryo Go through Animal Stages? Acts & Facts. 18 (8).
- Sherwin, F. 2003. For Every Structure There Is a Reason. Acts & Facts. 32 (11).
- Barrett, K. E. et al. 2010. Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical, 605.
- Choi, C. Q. The Appendix: Useful and in Fact Promising. LiveScience. Posted on livescience.com August 24, 2009, accessed November 11, 2010.
- Viegas, J. The Human Family Tree. Discovery News. Posted on discovery.com, accessed November 11, 2010.
- Begley, S. Welcome to the Family, Missing Link. Newsweek, April 8, 2010.
- Thomas, B. Human Evolution Story Stumbles over Footprints. ICR News. Posted April 6, 2010, accessed November 10, 2010.
- Hirji, Z. Footprint Fossils Analyzed for Ancient Human Gait. Discovery News. Posted on news.discovery.com July 22, 2010, accessed