A cursory reading of the first four verses in Genesis allows us to find the first act of creation is the begetting of Light. But, this act, and all other acts in Genesis are preceded by a very important element, that of sound. This is the key to all origins research whether it is cosmology or creationism. Without this initial sound (acoustic/sonic/compression wave), nothing in science makes sense and nothing in the universe would exist. The central tenant of the theory of Acoustic Genesis (www.scienceprovescreation.com) is: sound came first, then light, then matter. This leads to three fundamental premises of the theory: 1) That all matter emits a distinct tone as evidence of creation, 2) that all matter can be manipulated by sound, and 3) that the structure of all matter can be reduced to simple vibration. Science verifies and validates all three assumptions. Once you conceptualize these axioms, then you will begin to unwind the underlying tapestry of “the all”. So let’s substantiate this hypothesis using accepted observation and publications from modern science.
There are 4 key concepts for the first day of creation: the existence of a void, primordial ‘waters’, an acoustic wave (aka compression wave), and light. We will begin by describing the acoustics. The immediate retort may go something along the lines of: ‘sound can’t travel in a vacuum, or sound can’t travel in space, etc. This is an assumption that is without foundation with respect to ‘outer space’ and origins research. Simply stated, the universe is not an empty vacuum —it is filled with matter, and as we will see in a moment, so was the ‘void’ mentioned in Genesis. Further, going back to the first prediction of our theory to overturn a long-held assumption, all observable phenomena in the universe from black holes1 to stars2 to molecules3 to the ‘picture’ left behind from the Big Bang, the Cosmic Microwave Background4,5,6 (CMB); everything emits a distinct tone. This leads us to a previously unheard of postulate that although sound is the result of the motion of matter, wouldn’t we observe the same laws and artifacts if indeed it was also the opposite; the cause of motion and formation of matter “in the beginning?” Matter would then be the resultant of the compression and rarefaction cycles of sound through the ‘waters’ of creation. As we will see in a moment this idea is actually testable. However, if this were not true, then what we know as sound would be completely homogeneous and without any variance or characteristics. On the contrary, due to the variance of the properties of sound, we have the variance of all characteristics of matter! According to Steven Weinberg, sound was travelling before light7 in the beginning. Without this primordial acoustic (compression) wave (from within its periodicity all other ‘waves’ exist — see figure 1), then there could be no chemical structure of matter in the universe. As Genesis states clearly, each new ‘day’ of creation required a new perturbation – a characteristic change in the acoustic wave to institute new compounds. So what are the ‘waters’ that existed at the time of creation and the Big Bang?
Again, in your mind you might have the image of the kind of fluid that fills a lake, a container, or drinking glass, and that is a false image of what Genesis is talking about. And, in order to understand origins, the existence of this substance is essential to Big Bang theory and creationism. As far back as science can ‘see’, the ‘waters’ was an immensely bright, glowing, dense, ionized plasma wherein the speed of a pressure wave (i.e. sound) was approximately 380 million miles per hour8. A sound wave you can hear with your ear today, in the pressure and temperature of our atmosphere at sea level is only 761 miles per hour. As a matter of fact, at that moment of our origins, sound and light were trapped together as one, and scientists have reproduced similar effects in nanocrystals9 today. Prior to what scientists can ‘see’ the ‘waters’ were of a different character. There was a field of energy present, as Genesis describes, but it wasn’t the hot dense plasma that left behind the CMB yet. Even though this substance existed, Hawking is correct, prior to the moment of the Big Bang, there was no space or time. But, something was there and it is essential to everything! Genesis uses the terms void and waters of the deep interchangeably and this substance existed prior to the influence of sound and the subsequent formation of light and matter. A void is not, as one might assume, necessarily a state wherein nothing exists, but rather a point (and time) where something was not. Essentially, a moment when there was no space-time as we think of it today. To clarify, this ‘void’ in time and space as Hawking confirms Genesis and prior to what science can ‘see’, is the existence of a field of “dark matter” (a still yet undescribed, hypothesized substance); and for simplicity, the zero-point energy state. Both are described as having characteristics exactly as Genesis describes: transparent, pressure-less (prior to the formation of the plasma), dense, and fluid. Further, there is observable evidence that this newly created region of ‘space’ was a ‘bubble’ of what is presently now denser space8, 10 than whatever surrounds it, i.e. no space-time.
Are you beginning to discern the process of creation? So far we have described the presence of a zero-point energy state as being the “waters” that exist prior to the formation of the space-time bubble of our universe (outside of which God exists in non-space-time). A super-luminal acoustic/pressure wave11, 12 causes rapid expansion and contraction of the bubble, temperatures skyrocket, plasma energy state is formed and a background sea of light13 comes into existence. Does science verify this? Absolutely. The picture left over from this event is what science has observed as the CMB. Is this event reproducible? Is this theory testable? We will discuss this in a moment. But, to underscore the intelligence behind these events, and to demonstrate the interconnectedness of all creation that will spring forth after that day-event, science has observed the state of that substance from creation: “RHIC Scientists Serve Up “Perfect Liquid”14.
Further, as a direct result of this process and subsequent to this event, the “ash” left over becomes all the substances known to man, i.e., the series of chemical elements15.
Unless this process is reproducible, however, then the ‘Theory of Acoustic Genesis’ is nothing more than anecdotal evidence and conjecture. So can and has this ever been reproduced?
Sonoluminescence (SL) literally means light from sound. There are three elements for an experiment studying SL to work: a fluid medium, a bubble, and an external sonic influence that drives the compression wave. What is the result from the interaction of these three elements? Light is produced!
Not only this, but the experiment is capable of producing temperatures as hot as the sun19, a plasma state inside the bubble20, 21, 22, and even fusion23, 24. Interestingly, the final collapse of the bubble which emits light also emits sound – exactly what is needed by cosmologists to describe the variance of the CMB—and the initial acoustic wave of Genesis being simultaneous with the creation of the sea of the light from which everything else would be subsequently made. This has led some physicists to describe SL experiments as “A Star in a Jar”25. Now that we have shown that science verifies observationally and theoretically the events of the first day of creation, as well as being reproducible (the central tenets of the scientific method), let’s recap:
In conclusion, just as the Theory of Acoustic Genesis predicts: sound creates light, light creates matter26. This also has been substantiated by observation and experimentation27, 28. The scientific validity of this theory leads to one all encompassing law of creation for every element instituted, and that is the Law of Synchrony. Synchronicity with the harmony of the standing wave of the Uni Verse leads to life (increasing information integration29) while any dissonance, in any degree whatsoever, leads to dis ease and eventually death. No matter what denomination of science or religion you prescribe to (atheism is a belief system, therefore it is a religion), this one fact remains true: the greater your synchronization with the universe, the greater the information transfer. The more dissonant you are, the greater your propensities for dis ease states. Isn’t interesting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, stated, “I go to prepare for you a new place”; I wonder why that is?
1. NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. (2003). Interpreting the ‘song’ of a distant black hole. Http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/universe/black-hole-sound.htm.
2. Niederhausen, T., & Thumm, U. (2008). Controlled vibrational quenching of nuclear wave packets in D2+. Physical Review A, 77 013407 1-7.
3. European Space Agency. (2007). Moving to the rhythm of the sun. http://esa.int/esasc/semjjyul05f_index_0.html.
4. Foust, J. (2001). Big bang evidence found. Spaceflight Now http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0105/02bigbang/.
5. Miller, C.J., Nichol, R.C., Batuski, D.J. (2001). Acoustic oscillations in the early universe and today. Science, 292 2302-3.
6. Cowen, R. (2001). Age of the universe: a new determination. Science News, 160(17) 261.
7. (2004). Sound before light? Echoes 14(1) 4.
8. Whittle, M. (2004). Big bang acoustics – sound in the early universe. Echoes, 14(4).
9. Chan, j., Eichenfeld, M., Camacho, R., Painter, O. (2009). Optical and mechanical design of a “zipper” photonic crystal optomechanical cavity. Optics Express, 17(5) 3802-17.
10. Sarkar, S. (2007). Is the evidence for dark energy secure? arXiv, arXive:0710.5307.
11. Robertson, W.M., Pappafotis, J., Flannigan, P. (2007). Sound beyond the speed of light: measurement of negative group velocity in an acoustic loop filter. Applied Physics Letters, 90 014102 1-3.
12. Magueijo, J. (2008). Speedy sound and cosmic structure. arXiv, arxiv:0803.0859v1.
13. Haisch, B. (1999). Brilliant Disguise: Light, matter and the zero-point field. Science and Spirit, 30-31.
14. Brookhaven National Laboratory. (2005). RHIC scientists serve up “perfect” liquid. http://www.bnl.gov/newsroom
15. Whittle, M. (2003). A brief history of matter. University of Virginia. http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~dmw8f.
16. Thomson, D.J., Lanzoretti, L.J., Vernon, F.L., Lessaard, M.R., Smith, L.T.P. (2007). Proceedings of the IEEE, 95(5) 1085-1132. doi: 10.1109/JPROC.2007.894712.
17. Ma, N., Gazi, E., Gardner, G., Brown, M., Clarke, N.W., Snook, R.D. (2008). Measurement of elastic properties of prostate cancer cells using AFM. Analyst, 133(11) 1498-1500.
18. Cai, L. Dalal, C., Elowitz, M. (2008). Frequency-modulated nuclear localization bursts coordinate gene regulation. Nature, 455(7212) 485-90. Doi:10.1038/nature07292.
19. Lohse, D. (2005). Cavitation hots up. Nature, 434 33-34.
20. Flannigan, D.J., & Suslick, K. (2005). Plasma formation and temperature measurement during single-bubble cavitation. Nature, 434 52-5.
21. Levi, B.G. (2005). Evidence for a plasma inside a sonoluminescing bubble. Physics Today, 58(5) 21-23.
22. Suslick, K. & Flannigan, D.J. (2008). Inside a collapsing bubble: sonoluminescence and the conditions during cavitation. An Rev Phys Chem, 59(1) 659-83.
23. Taleyarkhan, R.P., West, C.D., Cho, J.S., Lahey Jr, R.T., Nigmatulin, R.I., Block, R.C. (2002). Evidence of nuclear emissions during acoustic cavitation. Science, 295(5561) 1868.
24. Nigmatulin, R.I., Akhatov, I.S., Topolnikov, A.S., Bolotnova, R.K., Vakhitova, N.K., Lahey, R.T., Taleyarkhan, R.P. (2005). Theory of supercompression of vapor bubbles and nanoscale thermonuclear fusion. Physics of Fluids, 17 107106 1-31. doi: 10.1063/1.2104556.
25. Putterman, S. (1998). Sonoluminescence: the star in a jar. Physics World, May, 38-42.
26. Fedotov, A.M., & Nerozhny, N.B. (2010). Limitations on the attainable intensity of high powered lasers. arXive:1004.5398v1[hep-ph].
27. Zhu, Z., Gauthier, D.J., Boyd, R.W. (2007). Stored light in an optical fiber via stimulated Brillouin scattering. Science, 318 1748-50. doi: 10.1126/science.1149066.
28. Cromie, W.J. (2007). Light and matter united. Harvard University Gazette. http;//www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2007/02.08/99-hau.htm.
29. Caldarelli, G., Cartozo, C.C., Rios, P., Servedio, V.D.P. (2004). On the widespread occurrence of the inverse square distribution in the social sciences and taxonomy. Phys Rev E, 69 035101(R).
This entry was posted in Cosmology, Creation Worldviews, History and tagged Acoustic Genesis, acoustic wave, Acoustics, big bang, Brookhaven National Laboratories, compression, Cosmic Microwave Background, cosmologists, creation, dark matter, fusion, Genesis, Hawking, Light, nanocrystals, Perfect Liquid, primordial, rarefaction, Samuel Hunt, Sloan Digital Sky Survey, sonic, Sonoluminescence, spiral galaxy, Steven Weinberg, time and space, universe. Bookmark the permalink.